Benefits of a well-maintained healthy lawn and landscape
- Helps beautify the neighborhood.
- Creates a relaxing space of natural beauty. Grassy areas quickly affect people’s moods by creating feelings of serenity, privacy, thoughtfulness or happiness. Its yearly cycles of growth and color changes, lift human spirits and link urban inhabitants with their countryside heritage.
- Front lawns of just eight average houses have the cooling effect of about 70 tons of air conditioning, while the average home-size central air unit has only a 3-4 ton capacity.
- While strict conservationists berate the lowly lawn as an expensive consumer of natural resources, it is actually a natural provider for our ecosystem. Healthy, dense lawns absorb rainfall six times more effectively than a wheat field, it prevents runoff and erosion of our precious top soil. It also traps much of the tons of dust and dirt released into the atmosphere annually. Lawns also purify water entering into underground aquifers–its root mass and soil microbes act as a filter to capture and breakdown many types of pollutants.
- Increases real estate market value and salability. A Gallup Survey reported 62% of all homeowners felt investment in lawns and landscaping was as good or better than other home improvements. The investment recovery rate is 100-200% for landscape improvement.
- Recovery rates among hospitalized patients are often quicker when their rooms view a landscaped area compared to patients with non-landscaped views.
- Playing fields covered with dense turf have proven safer.
The Benefits of hiring a professional lawn care provider
Atlantic Graduate Lawn Care and Pest Control professionals are very aware of environmental concerns. We understand all the fine print you’ll see on the back of a label, including all the warning precautions.
Many professional lawn care providers are unfairly criticized for harming the water quality of our rivers and streams by putting down too much fertilizer that runs off into our streams. The fact is, that professionals are more likely to apply a lawn care product correctly than the average homeowner. Many hoemowners think that if a little bit is good, more is even better, which is not true. When applied properly, lawn fertilizers do not run off as many environmentalists suggest or leach into our aquifers. They are gradually absorbed into the soil and used up by the plants they are intended to help.
You don’t have to worry about which application should be applied and at what rate. You don’t have to store chemicals around the house — we do that, and we apply only the amount of any particular treatment necessary to do the job. Studies have shown that homeowners typically over-treat their lawns by as much as 50%, which is not only wasteful, but can be harmful to the environment.
You don’t have to worry about identifying harmful lawn diseases and which treatment best controls them before they also turn your lawn into a patch of dead spots.
The cost of lawn care can be looked at from several different viewpoints.
- The value you place on your time if you do-it-yourself.
- The cost of materials to put on your lawn.
- The cost of equipment to apply the materials.
- The depreciation in property value if you make mistakes and cause unsightly problems.
- And, the cost of your peace of mind wondering if you are doing the right thing at the right time.
Compared with the relatively minor cost of regular care from a professional lawn care company, the answer seems obvious.
Save your peace of mind and contact Atlantic Graduate Lawn Care and Pest Control to help you make your lawn the best lawn possible.
Lawn Diseases are one of those things that perplex all of us to no end. Many lawn diseases are not easy to identify and to distinguish from other problems such as pests or poor maintenance. Much like human diseases, lawn diseases can be difficult to properly diagnose and even harder to treat correctly. If you suspect a problem in your lawn, Atlantic Graduate has the solution to correct it.